Griha Pravesh pooja is performed before you shift to a new home. It is done to remove the ill-effects and doshs (issues) as well as improve the flow of positive energy in the house. By performing the Griha Pravesh pooja, the home dwellers bring about peace and prosperity into their new home, in turn protecting their home from natural calamities.
You should perform Griha Pravesh when you:
- Purchase a new home
- Renovate your old home
- Move into a rental home
Griha Pravesh involves rituals like dwar pooja, boiling milk, Gauri-Ganesh, kalash, Navagraha, and Vastu pooja, and various havans like Ganesh havan, Navagraha havan, Vastu havan, and Varun havan are also performed.
- Apoorva or New Griha Pravesh: This pooja is done before entering a recently built home or a new lot for the first time.
- Sapoorva or Re Griha Pravesh: This pooja is performed before returning to a home you have already lived in after a long time, for example, after migrating to another city or country or traveling abroad.
- Dwandwah or Old Griha Pravesh: This pooja is done when you reenter your home after renovation or reconstruction.
- Protect your home against negative energy and evil eye and improve its positive energy flow
- Bless you and your family with harmony, prosperity, and good fortune
- Purify and spiritualize your home surroundings and environment with divine, positive vibes
- Help remove any obstacles that may occur in your life
- Appease the Vastu Purush and the nine planets through the Griha Shanti pooja and the Vastu Shanti pooja, preventing untimely and unfortunate events from affecting you, your family, and your home